Faith Methodist Church had its beginnings in 1966 as a Methodist Chapel to serve the residents of Queenstown. Before the church building was completed, worship services were conducted in the open air and later in a temporary shed.
In 1967, with God’s enabling, the founding pastor of Faith Methodist Church, Rev T.C Nga and his team saw to the completion of the church building, which we share with our sister Chinese Methodist Church. The church was named Faith Methodist Church in honour of God’s faithfulness in the entire project and in memory of Faith Goh, the only daughter of Dr Goh & Mrs Goh Kok Kee, who were gracious donors to the church building fund.
By God's faithfulness, Faith's membership grew and the church facilities were inadequate to meet the needs of the congregation. Hence, the church building was redeveloped from 2002 to 2003.
Today, the church building houses a 1000-seat sanctuary, 800-seat worship hall, two levels of parking, as well as a kindergarten, playground, library and a columbarium. The building is also equipped with lifts and ramps to cater to seniors who are mobility-challenged.
From 38 attendees when it first started, Faith’s congregation has grown to some 2,000 today.
Commitment to community outreach and missions is at the heart of Faith. From the setting up of Lakeside Family Centre, Jurong Preaching Point (now Agape Methodist Church) and FaithActs community service agency, to active involvement in international ministry in the regions beyond, by God’s grace, Faith is still transforming lives and changing the world for Christ after four decades.